Tensors and Relativity: Assignment 1
Next: About this document
- (1) In , . Use the chain rule and the Lorentz transformations to compute the first and second partial derivatives of wrt , and . Use these results to compute the wave equation in the coordinate system of .
- (2) Use the inverse Lorentz transformations here.
- (3) Use the time dilation and length contraction formulae in the notes.
- (4) Use the velocity transformation equations.
- (5) Use the velocity transformation equations to find a general expression for the speed of light in water moving at speed V relative to the lab. Then do an expansion for small values of V.